Author Topic: Tantale capacitor C20 plus lead position ? Doc number / board revision link ?

February 01, 2022, 08:27:24 AM
Read 1276 times

Stephan

• View Profile
Hello, 

i am currently assembling an MP573 bought in April 2020 (no time to do it before). Board is rev 2.2. and associated doc on the box is DOCS-19. 

DOCS-19 states that, for all tantale capacitors "plus lead is always on right when facing the marking with the leads pointing down". And that's not the case for C20 whose "+" looks labeled on the left side.

I just check DOCS-20 and look the line about "plus lead always on the right" disappeared. May you confirm that, for my board 2.2 C20 has to be soldier with the plus lead on the left ?

By the way, am i supposed to use DOCS-20 (and even perhaps 21 to 24 ?) for the setup of my rev2.2 MP573 board ? Is there a place where i can find the link between an hardware revision board and the latest doc level for it ?

Thanks !

February 02, 2022, 11:16:05 AM
Reply #1

JPK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We have removed the sentence "plus lead always on the right" because we since have found capacitors that didn't follow this rule.
The correct and universal rule is: the + lead is the longest and it is marked with a + on the cap.

You should stick to the DOCS-19 if that it what is written on the kit box.
JPK

February 02, 2022, 01:06:54 PM
Reply #2

Stephan

• View Profile