Author Topic: Setup - no 0dB

January 06, 2023, 06:08:41 PM
Read 740 times

AcdNrg

• View Profile
So on my 2nd instance, the assembly worked a lot easier already :)

However, it seems I can´t get the 0dB trimming (setup step 7) done: Output won´t get below 1.2x VAC on an input of 1.0 VAC.

Best I can get is 1.0005 VAC bypassed to 1.1224 VAC active

Yes, Gain is at 0dB and I can identify different outputs as per gain stage. However, maximum output is lower than expected, ie 6.480 VAC @20dB and 6.707 @22dB compared to the 12.5 to 13 VAC given in the setup docs.

What are the things to look at?

January 07, 2023, 01:57:26 PM
Reply #1

AcdNrg

• View Profile
So after careful inspection of all soldering joints, I found the black transformer cable to look fishy. Did a reflow, everything is golden now.

What bugs me a little is that my chassis (WES Audio Supercarrier II) does not seem to carry the stereo link signal. I may swap all sorts of modules to move my CP554 pair to the Neve R10, but this messes with the functional layout I had in mind.

I wonder is a switchable stereo link can be done by simply getting a 1 slot frontplate, drill a hole for a switch and connect both pin6 to it?

January 09, 2023, 10:56:47 AM
Reply #2

JPK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It must be possible to link the 6th pins of 2 adjacent slots by soldering a wire on the lunchbox motherboard. The API lunchbox has special pads for that. No need for an additional switch because the compressors have one already.
JPK