Author Topic: Calibration and Instruction Issues

April 13, 2022, 06:11:08 AM
Read 1247 times

florence88

• View Profile
I'm having trouble understanding the instructions. On the setup guide step 6 the instructions say:

"Connect your DMM to the CP4500 output, between pin 2 and pin 3 of the XLR. "

What is the CP4500 output? Is it asking for me to attach the DMM to the literal pins on the male XLR? Very confused.

I've also been trying to measure TP1 and TP2 using VAC against 0V, and I've been getting no measurements. Is this because I'm not running a signal into the compressor? Or maybe something is wrong with my solder joints?

After following the "In case your CP4500 doesn't work as expected" instructions, I am getting the proper readings for steps 1-4, and am getting hung up on the 3VAC input signal step while getting no VAC readings from the corresponding test pins.

April 13, 2022, 10:12:40 AM
Reply #1

JPK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What is the CP4500 output? Is it asking for me to attach the DMM to the literal pins on the male XLR? Very confused.
Exactly. It is the lunchbox output XLR of the slot where the PCB is inserted. Pins 2 & 3 are the hot and cold pins of the output.
On the other hand, if you own an extender you can get the same results on pins 2 & 4 of the extender.

Is this because I'm not running a signal into the compressor?
Exactly. You will be able to measure an AC voltage when you will be injecting one into the input.

...while getting no VAC readings from the corresponding test pins.
Do you confirm getting no VAC on TP1 in step 6?
JPK

April 13, 2022, 07:26:16 PM
Reply #2

florence88

• View Profile
Okay I understand now, thank you. I was able to read 3 VAC on the extender by cranking the gain in my DAW input by +24 db. I have also gotten the readings on TP1, TP2, TP3 = 1.5 VAC and TP4 = 0.06 VAC. Thanks for the help, will try to finish up tomorrow.