Author Topic: My Problems begin at step 6 of setup

January 15, 2024, 11:35:44 AM
Reply #25

banevt@hotmail.com

• View Profile
Without Q2 in the circuit and the meter light working properly when inserted everything measures as it should until I reach step 6.
With the compressor inserted the voltage between pins 2 & 3 of the output is .710 VAC with the output pot at 0 when turned all the way up to 10 the voltage goes up to 8.20 VAC.  The 1K test tone was measured at .998VAC and then plugged into the input of the rack.

January 16, 2024, 09:18:04 AM
Reply #26

JPK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Now you should test with Q2 in place.
JPK

January 16, 2024, 07:29:38 PM
Reply #27

banevt@hotmail.com

• View Profile
I will replace Q2 & retest it next chance I get, but in my initial testing & every time with all components installed I was getting the lighted meter when I took it out of bypass. Hopefully it all tests fine now.

January 19, 2024, 01:36:32 AM
Reply #28

banevt@hotmail.com

• View Profile
I reinstalled Q2 and thought I may have damaged the component because I wasn't getting any output in step 6 so I decided to check and seat connection points and then started getting signal from the output. It was still only reading 1.2VAC but as I was seating connections I pressed on the tube I noticed the voltage jumping up to the target range. I cleaned and scuffed the pins on the tube and squeezed the contacts in the tube socket to be tighter. After doing this the voltage was reading 4.5VAC at the output in step 6. I kept going through the steps and successfully got through all the calibration steps and have a working compressor. Thank you for your patience and guidance troubleshooting this project.

January 19, 2024, 03:38:05 PM
Reply #29

JPK

• Administrator
    • View Profile